My thoughts are constantly on my friends, family and clients during this time – while everyone is dealing with our current situation differently, it never hurts to have ideas of how to stay active, connected, sane and healthy!
I thought it might be useful to cultivate and send out some resources and tips – use what serves/helps you and leave the rest. Some are free and others are low cost 😊 And as always, if you need to talk – I’m here! (This is by no means a comprehensive list – just things that we are doing and know of! If you have other suggestions to add, please send them my way!)
With Kids and Teens (or on your own!):
- If you’re currently not working:
- Take it easy on yourself…whatever you choose to do right now is just right.
- Create structure if that helps you cope – get up at a certain time each day, make time to get outside in the sun, and engage in activities you’ve not had time for before
- Do something that brings you joy each day: Read, Paint, Walk, Cook, Bake, Nap, Virtual Happy Hour with your friends and family
- If you are currently working:
- Create a comfortable and engaging space for yourself to spend your days in that allows for privacy and focus
- Consider creating some kind of ritual or habit to start and end your day with in order to create boundaries around your work vs home time (ie: meditate every morning at 8, and family happy hour every day at 4:30)
- Take breaks as you would normally (or better 😊)
- Be sure to ask for what you need from anyone that you share space with, unapologetically
- If you have children, consider setting them up with structure during your work time in order to keep them occupied so that you can focus
I hope this is helpful! I miss you all and look forward to when I can see and working you all again!
PS: If you know someone looking for coaching/consulting/project support, or are considering offering your staff online trainings please reach out! I’d love to stay as busy as possible right now with work – though am a cleaning madwoman in the meantime! 😊